What is Group Last Expense cover?This is a valuable and affordable life cover developed to cater to losses suffered upon the occurrence of death. With our last funeral plan, yourself or your beneficiaries get financial aid to support funeral expenses. You can take the plan just yourself and your family. This includes your parents, spouse, and or up to four children.
- We let you choose when you would like your cover to start
- Cover on 24 hours worldwide basis
- Waiting period? for accidental cases, there is no waiting period but for the natural cause of death and illness, there is a 3 month waiting period
- Staff loyalty can also be built through extended value by offering cash or service to the staff members family at the time of bereavement
- It's cheap, offers additional services such as bereavement counselling, and simple to administer with the support of highly experienced insurers like UAP Old Mutual with over 175 years in business
- Non-accidental benefit for the individual option, we will pay the total amount that you are insured for.
- The maximum age at entry for members is 75 years
- Natural and illness there is 3 months waiting period
- Children are covered from 3 months to age 18 years and those between age 18 years to 24 years are covered subject to confirmation of being in full-time education
To enable placement of the funeral cover, UAP Old Mutual Life Assurance will require the following information and/or documents.
- Group profile for example; a photocopy of the certificate of registration.
- Schedule of members to be covered and amounts of cover per member including the following information details: full names of the member and relatives and their respective dates of birth.
No claim for a benefit in terms of this policy will be admitted by the Insurer if death or disability arises directly or indirectly from:
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not) or,
- Active participation in mutiny, riot, strikes, military or popular uprising, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power, martial law or stage of siege or any of the events or causes which determine the proclamation or maintenance of martial law or stage of siege or,
- Intentional self-injury, or the influence of alcohol or surgical drugs not prescribed by a medical professional.
- Mountaineering necessitating the use of guides or ropes, winter sports, Big Game Shooting or riding or driving in any kind of race or motorcycling above 250cc or,
- Aviation other than as a fare-paying passenger in an aircraft operated by a regular Air Line or established Charter Service or,
- Participation in any hazardous sport or pursuit including rock climbing, scuba diving, hang-gliding and aided speed contests of any kind.
- The compensation provided by this policy shall not apply to nor include any accident directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or nuclear weapons material or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of any nuclear fuel. Solely for the purposes of this exclusion, combustion shall include any self-sustaining process or nuclear fission.
- The company may cancel or review the rates of this policy at any time by giving thirty (30) days’ notice in writing via letter to the Bank at its last known address as indicated in the company's records or email, and only claims in respect of events that occurred before the termination will be considered for payment of benefits.
Claims documents include the following:
Duly completed claims form:
- Notification from the employer either by email or in writing
- Photocopy of the original death certificate or form 5 hospital letters
- Photocopy of the National identification for adults
- Copy of birth certificate for children