What is Group Medical Standard?
- Emergency toll-free line and 24-hour call centre, air and road evacuation within Uganda, one unit rate charged per person to be covered, negotiations allowed for larger numbers to be covered,
- Peace of mind for HR personnel since staff can access medical attention directly and conveniently at service centres,
- Wide service provider network for accessibility, immediate access for all services like dental, optical, maternity, accidental cover, drugs, specialist access, operations, chronic illness treatment, chronic care corporate management, Telemedicine services,
- All benefits are enjoyed immediately upon contract signage, no waiting periods at all
- Provide a list of staff and their dependents to be covered
- Provide completed forms per staff member
- Provide completed corporate group proposal form
- Client TIN number submission
- Emails and contacts per staff member
- Make upfront payment for cover commencement
Below is our requirements for the sign-up process:
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Weight management treatments and drugs
- Cosmetic treatments
- Permanent family planning
- Nutritional and Vitamin supplements (unless prescribed as part of medical treatment of a specific medical condition)
- Self-referred or self-prescribed treatment
- Alternative treatment (acupuncture, chiropractor, homeopathy, etc.) and herbal medicine.
- Diagnostic equipment (e.g. Glucometers, BP machines etc.)
- Expenses recoverable under any other form of insurance
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide & attempted suicide
- Naval, military and air force operations
- Stays in sanatoria, old age homes, places of rest etc.
- War, invasion, civil war, participation in riots or acts of terrorism
- Dentures, crowns and bridges
Other general medical insurance exclusions include:
This product offers an East African coverage with coverage in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan through roaming using the SMART biometric system facilitation platform.