What is SME Medical Cover?
East African regional coverage, an emergency toll-free line, air, and road evacuation within Uganda. Wide service provider network for accessibility, immediate access for all services like dental, optical, maternity, accidental cover, drugs, specialist access, operations, chronic illness treatment, chronic care corporate management, telemedicine services, 24-hour call centre, and toll-free access among others. Tailored products can also be provided.
- Provide a list of staff and dependants
- Provide completed forms
- Provide completed group proposal form
- Client TIN number submission
- Emails and contacts per staff member
- Make upfront payment upon receipt of invoice
Below are our requirements for our application sign up process:
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Weight management treatments and drugs
- Cosmetic treatments
- Permanent family planning
- Nutritional and vitamin supplements (unless prescribed as part of medical treatment of a specific medical condition)
- Self-referred or self-prescribed treatment
- Alternative treatment (acupuncture, chiropractor, homeopathy, etc.) and herbal medicine.
- Diagnostic equipment (e.g. Glucometers, BP machines, etc.)
- Expenses recoverable under any other form of insurance
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide & attempted suicide
- Naval, military and Air Force operations
- Stays in sanatoria, old age homes, places of rest, etc.
- War, invasion, civil war, participation in riots or acts of terrorism
We also offer high benefit coverage limits, one unit rate charged per person to be covered, negotiations allowed for larger numbers to be covered. The cover gives peace of mind for HR personnel since staff can access medical attention directly and conveniently at service centers.
This product offers an East African coverage with coverage in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan through roaming using the SMART biometric system facilitation platform.
Please note that maternity has 10 months waiting period and chronic illness treatment has 1 year waiting period.
Other general medical insurance exclusions: