What is Domestic Package?This packaged policy is specially designed to comprehensively cover residential premises against various risks. It provides cover for a dwelling house and contents against fire and other specified perils, for contents against theft following a break-in, for portable items against all risks, domestic workers for injuries sustained while at work as well as owner’s/ occupier’s liability. Who is this product for? The package is suitable for anybody who owns a home or holds the property in a home.
- Domestic Package covers the loss or damage to building and contents as a result of fire, lightning, thunderbolt, earthquake or volcanic eruption, explosion, riot and strike, aircraft or other aerial device or any article dropped there from
- The package also covers the bursting or overflowing of a water tank apparatus or pipe
- We've got you covered when it comes to theft accompanied by actual forcible and violent breaking into, or out of, the buildings (burglary)
- Legal liability for accidental bodily injuries and loss or damage to property (Occupiers and Owners liability)
**For more benefits, see our FAQs.
- Your name
- Phone contact
- The value of contents in-home and value of your property
- Email address
- List of household items to be insured and their costings
We will also cover the following:
- Impact on the buildings by any road vehicle or animal not belonging to the insured or any member of his family normally residing with him,
- Storm or tempest,
- The expense of alternative accommodation and loss of rent
- Injuries or illnesses to the domestic workers employed in your private residence
Below is what's not included in the policy, we will not cover:
- Consequential loss of any nature.
- Radioactive contamination.
- Damage caused to property in the open by storm, wind and water unless by their nature are kept in open.
- Water damage through ordinary leakage of roof unless due to accidental damage by insured risk