What is Family Life Protect?
Family Life Protect is an individual life cover that runs on an annual basis meant to protect individuals in times of bereavement or permanent disability. The minimum age of entry is 18 years and the maximum is 69 years (that is the customers that have turned 69 years of age cannot sign up for the product). The cover ceases at 70 years of age.
- Relieves your loved ones from the financial burden upon bereavement
- Provides an emergency fund to meet expenses
- We will cover the loss of two limbs, both hands, total paralysis, loss of both eyes, or permanently bed-ridden attracts full payment of the sum assured
- We offer a permanent disability benefit: Loss of one limb, one hand, partial paralysis, loss of one eye attract a half payout of the sum assured.
- Register with a UAP Old Mutual Life Assurance Insurance advisor and dial *185# on your mobile phone to pay,
- Receive a confirmation message from UAP Old Mutual Life Assurance,
- When your cover expires, you may renew it by calling 0414 332870.
- Intoxicant drugs or insanity willful exposure to peril, self inflicted injury or criminal act
- Medical or surgical treatment
- War or other civil commotion (e.g. Civil riots)
- Aggravated by any physical defect/infirmity that existed prior to the accident/death
- Any fraud relating to the policy at any stage of the cover
The benefits shall become payable only by mobile money upon receipt of all necessary documents. Claims must be made within 60 days of death/disablement of the insured.
The minimum age of entry is 18 and maximum age is 68 (i.e. customers who turned 69 years of age cannot sign-up). The cover ceases at 70 years of age.
Your claim will not be valid if your death was caused by: